We’ve spent the last few months making a ton of awesome enhancements to QuickPlan 6.0 – to delivery an easier, faster and more intuitive project planning app. Please check following notes
- News about current status and the plan of next version
- Some changes to common features
- Enhancements details and the new user manual video
- Recommend QuickPlan if you like the enhancements
- QuickPlan 6.0.1 is a hot-fix for the project hidden issue on some devices when migrated from version 5.x to version 6.0
- Online user guide gone live ( it will be very welcome if you want to help transfer the user manual to other languages)
- We are working on QuickPlan 6.1 according to the feedbacks, QuickPlan 6.1 will continue to enhance PDF exporting and will include touch-id supporting for new iPads
- To practice the new features before release, please contact us – we are planning to use the App Store pre-release process (testflight) to delivery new releases earlier for communicate with you on the new ideas.
QuickPlan 6.0 optimised some functionalities. Please check following changes before getting started
Gesture: Change outline level
- Before version 6.0, swift left/right on the task in outline view.
- QuickPlan 6.0, swift on the NAME column of task in outline view.
Gesture: Change task sequence
- Before version 6.0, the gesture only works on Gantt chart view – move up/down the selected task.
- QuickPlan 6.0, the gesture works on outline and Gantt chart views – HOLD then move up/down any task line (no need to select task first)
- Project groups maintenance – directly tap on the group name to update.
- Backup – using project “Auto backup to Dropbox” will be easier.
- Auto iCloud sync – Automatic synchronising projects across multiple devices via iCloud
- Extended task cost column – includes labor cost, materials cost and total cost, and labor cost can be input manually or calculated by work and resource cost rate
- Project resource enhancement – photo, email and cost rate (cost per hour)
- Project property – Currency, default daily working hours, and option of currency format.
- Excel importing – import project from MS Excel file
- Exporting as WBS file (WBS file importing was included in previous version)
- Export as “.qpp” file – For synchronisation and sharing projects. Before QuickPlan 6.0, MS project .xml format is used to share project across devices, the .xml file only includes the pure task information (as to compatible with MS project). Using .qpp file, more project properties will by shared, such as tile cover image, color, project resource images and etc.
- Share via Email enhancement – Help to delivery project to team: new option to send partial project to specific project members, the partial project will only includes tasks related to the specific project members.
- Export options improvements for exporting as PDF file and exporting as Excel file
- Two task link behaviours option to users – one is common FS behaviour, one is “linking tasks” behaviour (linking tasks means all linked task will move together)
- 4 outline levels (totally 8 outline levels with sub projects)
- Importing from MS project .xml file will importing 8 outline levels (automatically create sub projects)
- Covert sub project as task group (if outline level < 4)
- Divide task as multiple tasks.
- Switch to display task in small row height
- Edit task link in outline view
- Frozen and scrollable columns in outline view
- Move task (change task sequence) across group
- Customize weekday abbr.
- Automatic backup to Dropbox and iTunes
- UI enhancements – some small enhancements
New user guide video
We are eager to get more feedback and ideas from you to enhance the apps continuously. Appstore rating are reset with every new version of QuickPlan, please help us out with a good review. Tapping following link to write review or rate at Appstore.